The plaza at the intersection of Morrison Avenue and Harrod Place was created to transform an underutilized area into a pedestrian friendly community space. This important intersection is a vital transportation and commercial corridor. It is estimated that 2M transit users go through the corridor every year.
Neighborhood schools, community residents, and local businesses will benefit directly from improvements made to the streetscape.
- Seating Area: transit riders won’t need to stand on a long line waiting for the bus, they will have an area where they can sit.
- Learning Space: after school and in the summer months kids and their parents can take books out from the library and read under the shade of the
- Transportation: increase bike racks and rentals as well as e-scooter access in our community where less than 30% of households own cars
- Free WIFI: free internet access (planned for Spring 2023)
- Open Market featuring a Farm Stand: beginning in Spring 2023, on weekends Harrod Place will feature a fresh & affordable produce market as well as pop-up vending opportunities for existing merchants and new entrepreneurs.
- Heighten Visibility: local merchants will be able to create a pop-up outdoor experience beneficial to all. Added foot traffic will help generate further economic gains.
- Eating Space: people can buy food from local restaurants and enjoy their meals in the plaza.
We are evaluating community use of Morrison Plaza and direct feedback would be greatly appreciated, please fill out this survey.